Wednesday 21 December 2011

Coming together









Because of the christmas holiday I can get on a do a lot more work on the new Droid. The main structures built so far are mainly from MDF and Hardboard . I had to build up four metal brackets to support the feet which are bolted to base plates which in turn will be screwed to the underside of the feet. I decided to mock up an assembly to see if everything fit together and so far so good, it looks great standing on two feet. 
Unfortunately in the process of mocking up an fitting the dome I dropped the dome smashing the holo eyes. They were resin units so did not survive the drop well. I have used these same resin holo's on Zoe and they are not the strongest. I might just get rid of all the resin holo's and have a go at making them in metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment