Sunday 19 February 2012

More work on the, as the yet, un-named droid








Things are slowly coming together on the build. I have had so many other things on lately that progress has been slow by my standards however I am now getting to the point where I can think about the final finish. Emy and Zoe cost loads of money to paint, and with this build I will not be able to spend as much money on the paint work, so instead will have to come up with a clever way to make a hand painted surface look like metal???? This droid will be very, very weathered so this will in part hide the less than perfect paint finish. I am still in two minds about the vents and ports, should I make them or just paint them on?
The idea of this droid is to be a static unit that will support our charity collections at events so in theory it does not need to be screen perfect, however, I still want it to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment